HealthShare launches COPD community with Boehringer Ingelheim
Press Release — June, 2012.
Boehringer Ingelheim has launched a new COPD community with HealthShare. In Australia, up to one in five people over 40 years old are believed to be affected by COPD, and it is currently the fourth most common cause of death in men and sixth most common in women. The community showcases a distinguished panel of COPD thought leaders including:
- Prof Peter Frith – Thoracic Medicine Specialist
- Prof Michael Abramson – Thoracic Medicine Specialist
- A/Prof Mark Hurwitz – Thoracic Medicine Specialist
- Dr Sina Michael Keihani – Consultant Physician in Respiratory Medicine
- Dr Peter Bremmer – Thoracic Medicine Specialist
- Dr Zakir Akhunji – Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Dr Jeffrey Lindenmayer – General Medical Practitioner
- Dr Peter Solin – Thoracic Medicine Specialist
About Boehringer Ingelheim.
The Boehringer Ingelheim group is one of the world’s 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, it operates globally with 142 affiliates in 50 countries and more than 42,000 employees. In Australia and New Zealand, Boehringer Ingelheim employees around 400 staff and is active in the areas of prescription medicine, consumer healthcare and animal health. The company also owns and manages several Duboisia plantations in Queensland, Australia.